Palak Paneer Veg HT MC
ACC Pakistani 45mins
Serves 4 as a main course or 8 as a side
Vegetables Main Course Accompaniment Gluten Wheat Free Pakistan Asia
Ghee or Oil for deep frying
2 tbsp Ghee or Oil
1 Onion, finely chopped
2.5cm/1 inch Fresh Ginger, finely chopped
4 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 teasp Cumin Powder
½ teasp Coriander Powder
¼ teasp Turmeric Powder
1 teasp Chilli Powder
60ml/2fl.oz. Sour Cream
450g/1lb Fresh Spinach, finely chopped
salt to taste
1. Heat the ghee or oil until hot then fry the paneer until golden brown.
Drain well then cut it into 12mm/1/2 inch squares and set aside.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee or oil in a saucepan, add the onions and fry
for 8-10 minutes until light brown, stirring constantly.
3. Add the garlic and ginger and fry for 3 minutes, adding little water if
the mixture sticks to the bottom of the pan.
4. Add the chili powder, salt, cumin, coriander and turmeric powder and fry
for 3-4 minutes, stirring from time to time and adding a little more water to
prevent it drying out and sticking.
5. Add the sour cream and spinach, mix well, cover and cook over medium heat
until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 15 minutes.
6. Add the cheese, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes. Serve hot with
boiled rice or a flatbread such as roti, paratha or naan.
Vegetarian Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.