Veg HT MC
4 Hot Vegetarian
Vegetables Savoury Pie Main Course Uruguay South
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Onion , thinly sliced
3 Garlic Cloves
450g/1lb Fresh Spinach, shredded
Salt and Pepper
225g/8oz Puff Pastry
4 Thin slices of Cheddar Cheese
1 tbsp Fresh Breadcrumbs
1. Preheast the oven to 200C/400F, Gas
Mark 6 and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Heat the olive oil in a
large frying pan, add the onion and garlic and fry for 4-5 minutes until
softened and browned.
2. Add the spinach to the pan, season with salt and pepper and continue to cook
for about 2 minutes, stirring, until the spinach has wilted.
3. Add one of the eggs plus the
breadcrumbs to the spinach mixture, mix well and cook for 3 to 4 minutes over a
high heat, stirring. Remove from the heat.
4. Divide the pastry into two pieces and roll out to a depth of about
6mm/¼-inch. Lay one piece on the baking tray then pile the spinach mixture in
the centre, making sure you leave a 2.5cm/1-inch border of pastry on all sides.
5. Make 4 shallow depressions in the
spinach mixture, break the remaining 4 eggs into the depressions then cover each
with the cheese
5. Cover with the second piece of pastry, sealing the edges well and bake for
35 minutes. Serve immediately.
Vegetarian Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.