Potato, Pea, Corn and Herb Frittata Recipe
Veg HT CD MC Italian 30Mins
A substantial frittata which will serve 4 people. Excellent for summer eating and picnics.
Prep & Cook Time:
Cold Vegetables Herbs Main
Course Gluten Wheat Free
175g/6oz New Potatoes, diced
3 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Large Onion, diced
50g/2oz Fresh Green Peas
50g/2oz Fresh Sweetcorn Kernels
25g/1oz Finely Grated Parmesan Cheese
3-4 tbsp Freshly chopped Mixed Herbs such as Parsley, Oregano, Tarragon or
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the potatoes in a small saucepan with cold water and a little salt.
Bring to the boil and continue to boil for about 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a 20cm/8-inch frying pan over a low to medium
heat, add the onions and sauté very gently for 3-4 minutes, stirring, until they
begin to soften. Do not allow to brown.
3. Remove the potatoes from the pan with a slotted spoon, reserving the cooking
water, and drain on kitchen paper. Blot dry then add to the onions and continue
to cook over a low heat, turning frequently for 4 minutes. Do not allow to
4. Meanwhile, add the peas and sweetcorn to the reserved cooking water and cook
for 2-3 minutes.
5. Drain the peas and sweetcorn well then add to the potato mixture in the
frying pan and cook for a further 4 minutes over a very low heat, turning from
time to time then transfer the mixture to a large plate using a slotted spoon,
spread it out and allow to cool for a few minutes whilst you prepare the eggs.