Potatoes and Mushroom Gallette Veg
HT MC 115mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegetables Herbs
Main Course Gluten Wheat Free Eggless
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 large Onion, finely chopped
4 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 tbsp freshly chopped Thyme Leaves
450g/1lb Wild Mushrooms, sliced
675g/1˝ lb Potatoes, sliced as thinly as possible
Salt and Black Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 230C, 475F, Gas Mark 9 and grease a 20cm/8-inch
spring-form loose-bottomed tin.
2. Heat the butter and olive oil in a frying pan add the onions and garlic and
sauté gently for 5 minutes, turning from time to time.
3. Add the thyme and mushrooms and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, stirring
4. Starting and ending with potato, place alternative layers of potato slices
and the mushroom mixture, seasoning each layer.
5. Dot generously with butter then cover with foil and bake for 1˝ hours or
until the potatoes are tender.
Vegetarian Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.