HT MC Peruvian 45mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegan
Vegetables Grains Herbs Main Course
Dairy Free Eggless Peru Sth American South
2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Large Onion, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 Stick Celery, chopped
1 Carrot, sliced
1 Capsicum (Sweet pepper), cut into
1 inch pieces
2 Courgettes, diced
1 x 400g/14oz tin Chopped Tomatoes
240ml/8fl.oz. Vegetable Stock
2 teasp ground Cumin
1/2 teasp Chili Powder
1 teasp ground Coriander
A pinch of Cayenne Pepper
1 teasp Dried Oregano
1. Wash the quinoa well then place in a medium saucepan together
with the water, bring to the boil then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15
minutes. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onions and
garlic and sauté over a medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Add the celery and carrots, mix well and continue to cook for a
further 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Add the capsicum, courgettes, tomatoes, stock, cumin, chilli
powder, coriander, cayenne, and oregano, mix well then cover and simmer for
10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
5. Stir the cooked quinoa into the vegetables, adjust the
seasoning and serve immediately.
Vegetarian Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.