Shropshire Blue and Watercress Flan Veg
175g/6oz Shortcrust Pastry
150g/+5oz Shropshire Blue Cheese rind removed and sliced
2 Eggs, beaten
1 small Onion, chopped
50g/2oz Watercress, chopped
1. Pre-heat oven to 200C, 400F,
Gas mark 6. Roll out the pastry and use to line a 20 cm/8inch flan tin. Line with
greaseproof paper, fill with baking beans and bake for 15 minutes.
2. Reduce the oven temperature to 180C, 350F, gas mark 4 and take
the partly baked pastry case from the oven. Remove the baking beans and
greaseproof paper then place the cheese slices on the base of the flan case. Set
3. In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs and milk, then add the
onion and watercress and mix well.
4. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese in the flan case and bake
for 40 minutes or until set. Serve hot or cold.
Vegetarian Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.