Pumpkin Veg HT MC
ACC Sri Lankan 45mins
Serves 2 as a main course or 4 as a side dish
Hot Vegetarian Vegan Vegetables Spices Main Course Accompaniment
Gluten Wheat Diary Free Eggless Sri Lanka Ceylon Ceylonese Asia Asian
2 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
5 Garlic Cloves, chopped
½ Large Onion, chopped
¼ teasp black mustard seed
4 Curry Leaves
1 teasp Ground Coriander
½ teasp Ground Cumin
½ teasp Ground Turmeric
240ml/8fl.oz. Hot water
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
25g/1 oz Creamed Coconut, grated
450g/1lb Pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and cut into 2.5cm/1-inch cubes
1. Heat a heavy-bottomed frying pan until hot then add the coconut and dry-fry
until dark brown constantly stirring to prevent the coconut from burning.
2. Transfer to a food processor together with the garlic, onion and 2
tablespoons of water and process to a smooth paste.
3. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the mustard seeds, cover and cook over
a low heat until the seeds pop.
4. Add the curry leaves, coriander, cumin and turmeric and stir-fry for 30
5. Add the hot water, creamed coconut and spice paste and mix well.
6. Add the pumpkin pieces and salt, bring to the boil, stirring then cover and
simmer for about 15 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender. Serve hot.
Vegetarian Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.