Spanaki Psimeno Veg HT MC Greek 55mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian
Vegetables Herbs Main Course Eggless Greece Mediterranean Europe
1.3k/3lb Fresh Spinach, washed dried and chopped
1 tbsp freshly chopped Dill
400g/14oz Feta Cheese, crumbled
1 tbsp Plain Flour
Salt and Black Pepper
200g/7oz Graviera or Gruyere Cheese, thinly sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and grease a shallow ovenproof
2. Heat half the butter in a large frying pan and sauté half the for 3-5
minutes, stirring constantly. Drain in a colander, and press down so that most
of the liquid is forced out. Set aside. Repeat with the remaining butter and
3. Place the drained spinach in a large mixing bowl together with the chopped
dill, and feta.
4. In another bowl, beat together the eggs and flour then add to the spinach
together with salt and pepper and mix well.
5. Spread the spinach mixture evenly in the greased dish and cover with the
slices of graviera cheese. Bake for 30 minutes until cheese is melted and the
spinach mixture has set. Serve hot.
Vegetarian Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.