Spiced Spinach Tofu Veg
HT MC 25mins
Hot Vegetarian Vegan Vegetables Main Course
Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless
4 tbsp Olive Oil
450g/1lb Extra Firm Silken Tofu, cut into 12mm/½ inch cubes
900g/2lb Fresh Spinach, washed and roughly cut
2.5cm/1-inch Fresh Ginger
4 Garlic Cloves
2 teasp Cumin Powder
1 teasp Coriander Seeds
1 teasp ground Black Pepper
¼ teasp Ground Cinnamon
1 teasp Chilli Powder
¼ teasp Ground Turmeric
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a saucepan add the tofu cubes and fry
until golden brown. Set aside.
2. Place the spinach in a large saucepan with only the water left clinging to
the leaves, cover and cook over a medium heat, shaking the pan often for 5
minutes. Drain any excess water and set aside.
3. Place the garlic, ginger, cooked spinach, cumin powder, black pepper,
cinnamon, chili powder and salt in a food processor and blend until quite
smooth. Set aside.
4. Heat the remaining oil in a saucepan, add the cumin seeds and turmeric
powder and fry for 1 minute.
5. Add the tomatoes and sauté for 4-5 minutes then add the spinach mixture
and 120ml/4fl.oz. of water. Bring to boil mixing well then add fried tofu and
cook, stirring for 2-4 minutes or until the tofu is heated through. Serve hot
over white rice.
Vegetarian Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.