Stuffed Bean Curds
MC Malaysian 30mins plus cooling
Malaysian Name: Tauhu Goreng
Serves 4 Cold Vegetarian
Vegan Vegetables Nuts Main Course Dairy Free Eggless Malaysia
South East Asia Asian
Vegetable Oil for frying
4 x Bean Curd or Tofu Cakes
75g/3oz Bean sprouts, blanched in boiling water
7.5cm/3-inches Cucumber, shredded
For the sauce
2 Green Chillies, thinly sliced
2 Red Chillies, thinly sliced
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
1 ½ tbsp Soy Sauce
1 ½ tbsp Vinegar
Slices of cucumber
Freshly chopped Coriander (cilantro)
1. Heat 2 inches/5cm of oil in a wok or saucepan and fry the bean curd cakes
until golden brown on all sides. Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
2. Once cool, cut each cake into 2 pieces then make a deep slit across the
centre to form a pocket.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix together the bean sprouts and cucumber, season well
then use to fill the bean-curd pockets. Set aside.
4. Place all the sauce ingredients in a food processor and process until well
5. To serve - Transfer the sauce to a small serving bowl and place in the centre
of a large serving platter. Arrange the stuffed bean-curd cakes around the bowl
and garnish with slices of cucumber and freshly chopped coriander.
Vegetarian Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.