Summer Vegetable Frittata
Veg HT CD PIC Italian 30 mins plus
Makes 1 x
20cm/8-inch Frittata Hot
Cold Vegetables Herbs Main Course Picnic Gluten Wheat
Free Italy Europe
125g/5oz New Potatoes, diced
3 tbsp Olive Oil
1 medium Onion, diced
50g/2oz Fresh Green Peas
50g/2oz Fresh Sweetcorn Kernels
6 Large Eggs
25g/1oz Finely Grated Parmesan Cheese
2-3 tbsp Freshly chopped Herbs such as Parsley or Coriander
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the potatoes in a small saucepan with cold water and a little salt.
Bring to the boil and continue to boil for about 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a 20cm/8-inch frying pan over a low to medium
heat, add the onions and sauté very gently for 3-4 minutes, stirring, until they
begin to soften. Do not allow to brown.
3. Remove the potatoes from the pan with a slotted spoon, reserving the cooking
water, and drain on kitchen paper. Blot dry then add to the onions and continue
to cook over a low heat, turning frequently for 4 minutes. Do not allow to
4. Meanwhile, add the peas and sweetcorn to the reserved cooking water and cook
for 2-3 minutes.
5. Drain the peas and sweetcorn well then add to the potato mixture in the
frying pan and cook for a further 4 minutes over a very low heat, turning from
time to time then transfer the mixture to a large plate using a slotted spoon,
spread it out and allow to cool for a few minutes whilst you prepare the eggs.
6. Place the eggs in a
large mixing bowl, beat well with a whisk then add the parmesan cheese, herbs,
cooked vegetables, salt and black pepper and mix gently.
7. Reheat the oil remaining in
the pan, adding a little extra if necessary, and once hot, pour in the frittata
mixture and cook over a low to medium heat for 2 minutes, gently stirring the
mixture with a wooden spoon until large curds begin to form.
8. Preheat the grill to hot and
continue to cook the frittata for a further 5-6 minutes without stirring, until
it has mostly set with only the top remaining a little soft.
9. Transfer to the grill and cook
for 2-3 minutes until completely set, golden brown and slightly puffy.
10. Invert the frittata
onto a large plate, then turn it over again. Can be served immediately or allow to get completely cold
before serving. Best served at room temperature.
Frittata Recipes |
Vegetarian Recipes |
More summer Recipes
in Season |