Tofu Pasta Sauce Veg HT MC 90mins
Serves 4-6 Hot Vegetarian
Vegetables Main Course Eggless
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
2 Onions, chopped
2 large Tomatoes, diced
2 Green Capsicums (sweet peppers), diced
25g/1oz Mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/2 Carrot, grated
1 Bay Leaf
675g/1˝ lb Firm Tofu, crumbled
120ml/4fl.oz. Tomato Ketchup
3 tbsp Butter
Salt and Black Pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and garlic and sauté
gently for 5 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms and carrot and sauté for a further 5
minutes, stirring from time to time.
3. Add the water and bay leaf, bring to a boil then reduce the heat, cover
and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Add the remaining ingredients, mix well then partially cover and simmer
for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Remove the bay leaf before serving over
Vegetarian Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.