Serves 4 Hot
Vegetarian Leftovers Vegetables Herbs Spices
100g/4oz Plain Flour
1 teasp Baking Powder
1 teasp Paprika
Salt and Black pepper
2 Eggs, separated
300g/11oz Cooked (leftover) Vegetables, e.g. peas, carrots, broccoli,
sweetcorn, green beans
2 tbsp Freshly Chopped Parsley
2 tbsp Finely Grated Cheese, e.g. Cheddar, Parmeasan
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1. Preheat the oven or grill to low. Place the flour, paprika and baking powder
in a large mixing bowl. Mix well then add the egg yolks and mix lightly.
2. Add the milk and blend with a wooden spoon or hand mixer
3. In another mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft
peaks form then fold into the batter.
4. Cut the vegetables into small pieces if necessary then add to the
batter together with the parsley, cheese and pepper and mix well.
5. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan until very hot, then drop 4
tablespoonfuls of the batter mixture into the pan, keeping them spaced well
6. Reduce the heat to low and cook for a few minutes until
the underneath is set and browned.
7. Turn and cook the other side until set golden brown.
8. Remove the fritters from the pan and keep warm.
9. Heat the remaining oil in the pan and cook the last four
fritters as above.
Serve hot with a
Vegetarian Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.