Mozzarella Couscous Veg HT
2 Aubergine, ( eggplant ) cut into chunks
2 Onion, chopped
3 tbsp Olive Oil
8 Ripe Tomatoes, chopped
390ml/13fl.oz. Vegetable Stock
A bunch of Fresh Basil Leaves, shredded
Salt and Pepper
200g/7oz Mozzarella Cheese
1. Heat half the oil in large frying pan, add the onions and fry until
golden brown. Add the remaining oil and the aubergine and continue to fry until
browned on all sides.
2. Stir in the tomatoes, partially cover with a lid and cook for 10
minutes or until the aubergine is just soft.
3. Meanwhile put the Couscous into a bowl, add boiling water to the stock
to makeup to 540ml/18fl oz and pour this over the Couscous. Cover the bowl with
a plate and leave for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the frying pan from the heat and add half the shredded basil
salt and pepper.
5. Chop the remaining basil. Fluff up the Couscous with a fork, add the
chopped basil, salt and pepper and mix well.
6. To serve - transfer the Couscous mixture to a serving
platter, scatter with the mozzarella and top with the aubergine mixture. Serve
Vegetarian Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.