A Recipes4us.co.uk Production
Fusion Carbonara Recipe
cooking time: 20 minutes
175g/6oz Dried Pasta (shortcut or long)
50g/2oz Cheddar Cheese, finely grated
1 Egg Yolk
120ml/4fl.oz. Double Cream
1 tbsp Olive Oil
4 rashers Streaky Bacon, chopped
½ a medium Onion, finely chopped
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
Salt and Black Pepper
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add plenty of salt, add the
pasta, stir well, then reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 10
2. Meanwhile, place the cheese, egg yolk, cream, salt and pepper in a small
mixing bowl and mix until well combined. Set aside.
3. Heat the olive oil in a medium sized frying pan until hot, add the
bacon and fry over a medium heat for 1 minute, turning.
4. Add the onion and continue to fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown,
then add the garlic and continue to fry, stirring, for a further 2 minutes.
5. Once the pasta has cooked, drain well in a colander then return to the
pan and stir in the hot bacon mixture.
6. Immediately add the cheese and cream mixture to the hot pasta mixture and
mix well. There's not need to have any heat under the pan as the heat of the
pasta will cook the sauce.